Ava is having heart surgery on Thursday afternoon. Elliot is having the same surgery next week. The medicine did not close the duct. After meeting with the surgeon, we feel better. The director of the cardiac dept is doing the surgery. This is a routine surgery for him that takes around half an hour. US News & World Report ranks Shands Hospital's heart surgery department 24th in the country. According to their list, this is the best hospital for heart surgery south of Atlanta.
So, we exhausted all other conservative options. We have great insurance, the best hospital, and the best doctor for a routine surgery. The kids had a baptism in the hospital today. (We plan to have a ceremony at a later time.) At this stage, we have done everything we can control and influence to have the best outcome. How does that serenity prayer go again? "God, grant me the serenity, to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."
We are not a serenity yet. However, other problems look a lot smaller from this perspective. Chris's car almost overheated coming out of the hospital parking garage. I pulled over before it totally steamed up. I did not get angry or flustered. It wasn't a big deal. I just poured water in the car and fixed it.
Tomorrow, her heart problem will be fixed.
No comments:
Post a Comment